Why Industry Leaders Choose to Attend
the Texas Workers’ Comp Forum
Join workers’ compensation professionals from across the state of Texas as we gather at the Westin Dallas Park Central for the 10th Annual Texas Workers’ Comp Forum. At the 2013 conference, leading industry experts will bring you critical legislative and case law updates and practical cost-containment solutions to your workers’ compensation challenges.
Keynote Speakers :
David DePaolo, JD, MBA
President, Chief Executive Officer
Commissioner of Workers’ Compensation
Texas Department of Insurance – Division of Workers’ Compensation
In addition to the hot topics listed below, this year’s conference program includes the following new session on Obamacare. You will not want to miss this opportunity to get answers to burning questions from our leading experts.
The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and How it Will Impact Texas Employers: Critical Strategies to Deal with Potential Implications in 2014 and 2015
Is your organization prepared to deal with the legal, financial, communication, administrative and workforce implications of the Affordable Care Act? Discover how the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) will affect workers’ compensation and other benefits.
Many provisions of the Affordable Care Act have already gone into effect, with many more still to come. This presentation will provide you will critical updates and strategies for ensuring that you are in compliance and prepared to deal with the workforce implications of the ACA.
Russell D. Chapman, Esq., Special Counsel
Mark Chronister, Partner
Mercer Health & Benefits
- The Current State of Workers’ Compensation in Texas: Industry experts and stakeholders will provide solutions to address new and continuing workers’ compensation challenges facing those on the front lines
- Legislative and Regulatory Update: Learn how new legislation and rules will impact the Texas Workers’ Compensation System
- Proven Cost Containment Solutions for Texas Employers: Find out what American Airlines, Bell Helicopter, and Poly-America are doing to significantly reduce workers’ compensation costs
- Everything You Always Wanted to Ask the Doctor About Workplace Injuries, But Never Had a Chance: Get straightforward answers from our medical expert to questions about diagnosis, treatment, return to work, modified duty, and more
- 21st Century Workers’ Compensation Claims: What employers need to know about the high tech mobile workforce and social media
- Implementing a Return to Work Program that is a Win-Win for Employers and Employees: Discover how Texas Instruments is significantly decreasing absences, minimizing costly turnover, and improving employee outcomes
- How Texas is Leading the Nation in Combating Prescription Drug Abuse and What We Can Do Better: Receive a status report on action being taken to address the problem of prescription drug abuse
- The Latest from the Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation: Commissioner Rod Bordelon will share DWC’s 2014 plans to address the challenges impacting stakeholders
- Significant New Texas Workers’ Compensation Case Law: Find out how to be proactive and minimize liability risks
- Workers’ Compensation and Degenerative Conditions: When a claimant with a degenerative knee condition should be entitled to receive workers’ compensation
- How to Avoid Falling Victim to New Workers’ Compensation Fraud Schemes: Find out what you can do to safeguard your organization from fraudulent claims
- Avoiding Liability Snares Lurking in the FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Compensation Quagmire: Get practical tools to safely navigate overlapping leave, disability, and workers’ compensation laws
Enlightening Presentations By...
Stuart D. Colburn, Esq. Shareholder
Downs Stanford, P.C.
Sam J. McMurry, ARM
Texas Self-Insurance Association
Executive Director, Texas Certified Self Insurers Guaranty Association
Former Administrator, Workers' Compensation
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
Leave of Absence Supervisor
MV Transportation, Inc.
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES
Don't miss your chance to meet senior-level decision makers from self- and fully-insured companies that are searching for successful cost-containment strategies. We offer an informal exhibit hall area where attendees can relax and interact with sponsors and exhibitors.
Contact Sam Norton at 704-258-8912 or email@example.com for further details